24 October 2006

Cold Bay Trip

Well, I just got back from my 2 week trip to Cold Bay. First pic is the Helo that flew us around during our first week and a half; it is in front of Frosty Peak volcano. If any of you watch Deadliest Catch on Discovery, keep an eye out for JayHawk 6005. While we were getting lunch in Dutch Harbor one day, we hooked up with a cameraman for Discovery, and he followed us around that afternoon (in a helo). So if you see CG Helo 6005 preparing for the Crab season, I'm in there. They also put a cameraman in the Helo 6005 for a few days; you may see my foot. We also flew around in Helo 6023, but only a couple of times.

Second pic - a Red Fox that kept an eye on us while we worked on a light.

Third - Walruses on the beach behind the fox, down a 200 foot cliff.

Fourth - Sea Lions on Sea Lion Rock in the Bering sea.

Finally, just in case you think all I do is fish.... I also hunt; here are 6 Willow Ptarmigan that I shot one morning. In all, I got 1 Tavernor Canada Goose, 2 Pintail ducks and 13 Ptarmigan on my time off in Cold Bay. Not bad.
~mcd

No comments: